Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bangkok's 9th International Festival of Dance and Music

La traviata (The fallen woman)
The actor was greeted by a round of applause before the curtain was drawn. Then, the hall was silent. It seems that there is only the actor on the stage. The actor started to playing their role with accompany by orchestra. It’s so melodious. I didn’t understand what they said and sang but I felt in the story. I felt as the sound of soprano was thoroughly absorbed when the actor was moan about the lover, the contradictory between their families since the ancestor, the obstacle of aristocracy and bourgeoisie or proletariat. The stories are never far from a kind of these things. Almost 3 hours. I can’t blink my eyes. All the costumes are fascinating. The movement of dancers was graceful.
How the actor feels when they see a thousand audiences concentrate them? Or they are in the other period as the costumes and the stage scenery, they can not see us? Anyway, I love the applause which never ends…

No comments: