Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mother's day

In Thailand, we think of two mothers today; one is a mother who gave us a birth and our Queen’s mom. August 12, is a holiday (Mother’s day and Queen’s anniversary). A son who lives in a small village near the border Thai-Burma, he works in the center of the city. He comes home not very often. He takes this chance to come back home to visit her mom. He brought a bag of rice for her mom. “I don’t know what I should bring her as a present today, so I brought a bag of rice” he said. So cute!!!

Thai people are very shy to show their love even for the parents. Kissing and hugging are not our culture. Many people wait for today to say “I love you mom!” Then, kiss her two cheeks J she replies quickly “I love you too my dear!” Why we don’t do this often??? I don’t have no more my mom, now it’s too late for me to do this all! For you who still have mom, Please don’t forget that she’s the one who love you the most and care for you every minute.

On the roadside, there are villagers; are removing grass and weeds. This is the project development. It’s a present for our Queen’s mom. The villagers look very happy to make this up. Don’t wonder! The queen works very hard for Thai people. We love the queen as we love the king! Long live the Queen !

No comments: